Links are essential components of your site’s navigation and the internet. Internal links help people navigate your website, define its structure, and improve its search engine rankings. External linking boosts your website’s authority and cites important information. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform. So in this article we show you how to link a button to a page in WordPress.
If you need to link a button in WordPress to another page, there are many methods. You can do that with the Post Editor or Elementor editors. We’ll show you how!
So, how do you link a button to another page?
- This can be done by linking the submit button on the HTML Form element to a different page by using the Action Attribute.
- Give the File Path in the action attribute of the HTML form and define or write the “Submit button” within the form tags.
- The visitor will be directed to a different page after clicking the Form Button.
Now that you know how to use Form Tags, you might wonder exactly what the Forms Submit Button Does?
Here’s what it does:
- When clicked, the submit button immediately submits a form. You may gather feedback from users by using HTML forms.
- By including the form components, the < Form> tag serves to collect user input. The text input, submit button, and the likes are some of the different varieties of form elements.
- The form action attribute links a submit button to a new website. Include the hyperlink in the field, such as:
Note: You may submit your Form by clicking the “Submit” button. With the ability to link a submit button to another website, HTML forms are excellent for gathering user feedback. User input is taken from a form element and entered into the Form.
Alternatively, you may use HTML’s Anchor tags in place of Form elements to redirect visitors using multiple submit buttons.
Another quick and reliable method for linking submit buttons in HTML is to use the Anchor Tag.
To use HTML Anchor Tags when linking a submit button to another website, you must:
- Declare/Write a submit button between the Anchor tags’ Starting and Closing tags.
- Use the href attribute of the Anchor element to specify the Path to which you want to link.
How do you link a button to a page in WordPress?
To link a button to a page on WordPress, you navigate to the section in your content you want to put your button. Then click on the “+” button that says “Add block”, which will give you a button, that will open up your settings block on the right side. You can add the text to the button once you click on it, and it will pop up a small setting above it. Choose the hyperlink button, then paste whatever URL you want your button to link to. Click “Update” on your settings block once done.
How do you make a clickable link in WordPress?
Thanks to the default WordPress post and page editor, it is simple to include hyperlinks to other websites in your text.
To add a clickable link in WordPress:
- Select the text that you wish to be a hyperlink from the WordPress post or page editor.
- Click the toolbar’s hyperlink button when you have highlighted the selected text.
- This will open a window where you may type the hyperlink’s URL. The link can also be opened in a new tab by clicking the toggle.
- Expand this section by clicking if you’d instead link to existing information on your website. You’ll now find a search bar for your website and a list of all the articles and pages already there. The hyperlinked URL above will change when you click on one of the list items.
- Click on the “Apply” button when you are ready to use your hyperlink URL. Now there is a link in the text you have chosen.
- When you have finished selecting your text once more, click on the Remove Link button, which will have your link deleted.
How can you create an anchor link in WordPress?
When linking to web content using an Anchor Tag, ensure you are in the page editor to start. Next, position your cursor and click on the editor’s desired location for the anchor tag. In the Editor Toolbar, select the Anchor button. Only lowercase letters, digits, hyphens, and underscores should be used to spell out the anchor’s name. To complete the anchor, click OK.
- When you link to an anchor.
- To start, make sure you are in the page editor.
- To make a text link, highlight the text.
- In the Editor Toolbar, select the Insert/Edit Link button.
- As you did in the Anchor Tag stages above, type the hashtag “#” after the anchor’s name. For instance: “#bs-quality”.
- The link may be created by clicking Add Link.
How do you link a page to a menu in WordPress?
It is possible to add a menu item that points to a certain area on the same page or another page.
This applies to the menus you create in your theme. When a single-page website has a menu for the many components on that page, this is essentially helpful.
To do this using Beaver Builder, you must Create the anchor for the link target # and then add a unique value to the ID setting, such as my-unique-id.
After that, add the special ID to a menu item. Make sure the menu you wish to use is visible by clicking Appearance > Menus from the WordPress admin menu. Expand the category for custom links in the left column.
The destination page’s URL, the pound sign, and your ID should be typed in after the section.
Your URL would be as follows, for instance:
Enter the link text that you wish to appear on your menu item. By clicking, you can add the item to the menu.
How do I link a button to another page in WordPress Elementor?
A page can be linked to another by using Elementor. The first step in creating a link to another page is to modify the page you wish to link. To edit the page using Elementor, click the button that says “Edit using Elementor.” Move the button widget to the page by dragging and dropping. Then enter the name of the page you wish to link the button to in the link field. Select the page you wish to link to from the drop-down menu. Afterward, make sure you save your changes. It’s that simple.
With Elementor, you have now successfully linked two pages.
Conclusion of How to Link a Button to a Page in WordPress
In addition to being an essential function of website navigation, links are a vital component of your SEO strategy. This is because they may improve the rank of your website in search results. Following methods discussed above will show you how to add links within your website. You can also link external sites to show proof of citations and link off-site reviews.
Leave a Reply